You know what they say?
“You are what you eat”.
And when it comes to your skin, this is very true. But how do you take care of oily skin? Well, for those with oily skin, a facial wash is mandatory, as it helps to eliminate extra oil and grime from the face, allowing you to apply other skincare products more effectively.
If you’re looking for a quick solution that is both easy and inexpensive then look no further! With these easy homemade face washes for oily skin recipes, you’ll be able to treat oily skin in the comfort of your own home. Plus, most of them only require natural ingredients that are found right in your kitchen! So go ahead and give one a try today—your skin will thank you later.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Homemade face wash for oily skin with green tea and honey
Green tea’s antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties make it a useful treatment for acne and oily skin. Green tea’s polyphenols, according to a study, assist to decrease sebum production causing acne. Besides that, tea tree oil is also used for greasy skin treatment.
Honey is a natural and revered remedy for many skin conditions and problems. It also has antibacterial and antiseptic qualities that aid in oily and acne-prone skin. It is also a natural humectant, which helps keep the skin moist without being oily because humectants only draw moisture from the skin and do not replace it.
How to make:
- Put a small pot of water into the microwave and turn the heat on to boil it
- After that, continue adding 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves into the pot
- Allow 5 minutes for the green tea leaves to simmer on medium heat.
- Pour the green-tea-water mixture into a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature
- Next, add 5 teaspoons of baby shampoo into the bowl
- Then, continue adding 2 teaspoons of honey
- Finally, stir the mixture well. Pour it into a bottle for storage.
Don’t forget to shake the bottle before using this face wash Use this cleanser by massaging it on your face for around 2-3 minutes before washing your face off with water. Finally, dry your skin with a towel. Use this twice a day to get the most out of it.
Homemade face cleanser for oily skin with cucumber and tomato
Cucumber is beneficial for moisturizing and hydrating the skin while avoiding an oily feel. This prevents excessive activity of the sebaceous gland. Besides that, cucumber juice has astringent properties, which assist to close pores and clear away dirt and impurities caught within them. Moreover, Cucumber is high in Vitamin C, which aids in skin balancing and inhibits excessive oil production by improving the pH balance of your skin. Vitamin E and A are present in cucumber, which helps to cleanse the skin fully.
Tomatoes are not only delicious but also full of nutrients! Tomato pulp or juice can help make your skin brighter and more youthful. This powerful antioxidant is great for people who have oily skin because it has an astringent effect – reducing oiliness while brightening their face in the process.
With that being said, it is a fantastic idea to use a face wash that contains cucumbers and tomatoes.
How to make:
- In a bowl, put 1/2 of a cucumber and 1 tomato
- Use a knife to slice the cucumber and tomato into smaller parts
- Next, use a pestle to grind them until it forms a paste and is well-blended
- Now apply the mixture on your face for around 20 minutes, then wash your face off with water
This kind of face wash cannot be stored, therefore you have to use it all at once.
Homemade face wash for oily acne-prone skin with fuller’s earth
Fuller’s earth is recognized for its capacity to absorb oil and other impurities, making it an excellent skin cleanser for individuals with oily skin or clogged pores. It’s also claimed to improve the color of your skin and complexion while softening it.
Oily skin responds well to gram flour because it has remarkable absorbing qualities. This is why gram flour is usually used as an ingredient in face masks for oily skin.
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory that may help minimize the appearance of pores and improve the health of your skin. It lessens the oil production caused by sebaceous glands, which in turn helps with clearing up any breakouts you may have had when it comes to clogged pores.
Neem powder is especially effective against acne pimples on acne-prone skin.
A lemon peel is an excellent exfoliator because it cleanses your skin and removes dirt and dust from it. Lemon peel can help to remove dead skin cells quickly while also providing you with soft and smooth skin.
Tea tree oil’s antiseptic properties might help to explain its effectiveness against oily skin.
- Fuller’s earth (see recommended brand)
- Gram flour (see recommended brand)
- Turmeric powder (see recommended brand)
- Neem powder (see recommended brand)
- Lemon peel powder (see recommended brand)
- Tea tree essential oil (see recommended brand)
How to make:
- In a bowl, add 5 tablespoons of fuller’s earth
- Continue adding 10 tablespoons of gram flour, 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of neem powder, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon peel powder, and 8 drops of tea-tree essential oil
- Next, use a spoon to stir the mixture until everything is well-blended
- Finally, pour the mixture into an airtight container for storage
To use this face wash: first, wash your face with water, then take a small amount of the mixture in your wet hand and rub it until it forms a paste, after that massage this face wash on your face, allow this mixture on your face for around 2 minutes, finally wash your face off with water.
DIY facial cleanser for oily skin with castile soap
Castile soap is considered safe for most skin types, even sensitive ones. It can help oily, acne-prone skin. When you wash with castile soap, the oils inside it penetrate your pores and kill off any dirt or bacteria that may be living there. This way it can keep our skin clean without drying out.
- Castile soap (see recommended brand)
- Honey (see recommended brand)
- Any essential oil (jojoba, argan, olive…)
How to make:
- In a jar, add 3 TB of distilled/boiled water
- Next, add 1/3 cup of castile soap
- Continue adding 1/3 cup of honey and 2 TB of essential oil (jojoba, argan, olive…)
- Put the cap on and shake the jar well
Just remember to shake the jar every time you use this face wash.
DIY face cleanser for oily skin with potatoes
In case you don’t know, potato can also be used as a face cleanser, and it has the ability to remove dark spots and other impurities from the skin. It’s especially effective for greasy complexions. Besides that, aloe vera is an excellent remedy for oily skin since it has a natural astringent. And Lemon juice is a wonderful toner that instantly brightens your complexion; its citric acid also serves as an astringent which can assist to control greasy skin.
Now we are going to combine 3 great ingredients to make a cleanser for oily skin.
- Aloe vera leaves
- Lemon juice
How to make:
- Peel 1 potato, then grate it using a grater.
- Next, put the grated into a strainer or cheesecloth
- After that, use your hand to crush the grated potato to extract its juice into a bowl, then put it aside.
- Use a knife to peel 2 ounces of aloe vera leaves to detach its gel from the green leaves
- Then, put the aloe vera gel into a blender to extract its juice, put it aside.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into a bowl
- Continue to add 2 tablespoons of the potato juice and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice.
- Stir the mixture to make it well-blended
- Pour the mixture into a jar and store it in a fridge. You can store it for up to a week
Done! This is a natural and healthy facial wash that will help to remove hyperpigmentation, brighten your skin’s pores, and provide a natural glow. To use this cleanser, pour a little of this mixture on a cotton pad and just use it to wash your face. Don’t forget to shake the jar before using it.
Making your own homemade face wash for oily skin is surprisingly easy, and can be customized to your specific needs. For example, you could make a homemade cleanser for oily acne-prone skin with fuller’s earth or one that includes castile soap if you have sensitive skin.
The ingredients used in these recipes are easy to find and affordable. Whether you want to fight oil, help with dark spots, or just give your skin a healthy glow all year long, there is always an easy recipe that will work for you. We hope these DIY recipes have inspired you to try out some new beauty products and tell us how they work!